Senior Sales Engineer
Overview of Role
ZwitterCo is seeking an energetic, versatile senior sale engineer to drive sales of its cutting-edge membrane solutions into fast-growing, high-impact applications including sustainable protein production, water and wastewater reuse, and nutrient recovery. This role will develop customer relationships, gather market intelligence, and ensure growth in target market segments through a consultative sales approach.
To be considered, candidates must have a university degree in an engineering or relevant scientific discipline and must have extensive work experience selling equipment or components associated with water treatment, fluid separations, and/or solid-liquid separations into industrial, food and beverage, or agricultural applications.
- Act as a missionary for ZwitterCo’s unique technology:
- Grow top-line revenue in line with agreed upon targets and goals
- Develop a robust sales pipeline by establishing new customer relationships through cold calls, lead handoff, inbound follow-up, and networking. Master ZwitterCo’s inquiry-to-conversion processes and tools
- Develop and give oral and written presentations to customers, industry players, and ZwitterCo business leaders as needed
- Establish and grow relationships with clients’ key influencers and decision-makers
- Respond promptly to customer requests and act as a valuable resource to resolve customer challenges
- Establish and grow relationships with consultants, sales representatives, and other industry conduits that can drive sales opportunities
- Work closely with Marketing, Technical Service, Applications Development, and Field Engineering to increase the understanding of assigned market segments and demonstrate the performance of ZwitterCo’s products to industry stakeholders.
- Implement the market strategy within assigned segments; understand clients’ “pain points” and the value that our products deliver and provide market/competitive intelligence to the Marketing team
- Coordinate any multi-functional sales and demonstration efforts with internal team members
- Articulate customer success requirements to the Applications Engineering team for product testing and applications studies
- Manage and support sales administration, including:
- Negotiate sales contracts
- Provide regular sales updates and forecasts
- Actively support and serve as a resource for other sales team members
- Maintain customer data in a CRM system
- Perform all responsibilities in an ethical manner that represents ZwitterCo’s values and vision
Critical Success Factors
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Self-starter with high energy; motivated to:
- Understand and exceed customer needs, both stated and unarticulated
- Clearly understand ZwitterCo’s strategy and take initiative in achieving commercial team goals
- Ability to react and build consensus quickly; demonstrates creativity and customer-focus in problem solving
- A thorough knowledge of applicable products, services, and capabilities
- A passion for excellence and a proven ability to succeed
- Strong communication skills, including written and verbal presentation skills
- Ability to work remotely with limited oversight
- A university degree in an engineering or relevant scientific discipline is required, or a university degree in a business discipline if the candidate has extensive previous work experience in a comparable role. A degree in environmental or chemical engineering is preferred
- At least 5-10 years of experience selling equipment or components associated with water treatment, fluid separations, solid-liquid separations into industrial, food and beverage, or agricultural applications is required. Experience selling equipment into meat and poultry applications is preferred
- Competent in Microsoft Office suite and leading CRM tools, like Salesforce or HubSpot
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record
Schedule, Travel, Compensation, and Location
This position is considered remote and reports directly to the Sales Engineering Manager.
Candidates should expect to travel to company headquarters in Woburn, MA, for training and team-building purposes.
This position will require moderate to extensive travel (30-50%), primarily in North America.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and will include equity and benefits.Apply Now Back to Careers