Senior Applications Engineer
Overview of Role
ZwitterCo is seeking a motivated, versatile senior applications engineer to ensure the successful commercial deployment of its cutting-edge membrane solutions in several high-impact applications. The candidate will play both an internal and customer-facing role and serve as a subject matter expert on the implementation and integration of ZwitterCo’s membranes into larger industrial process and wastewater operations.
Candidates with deep experience in membrane filtration system design, operation, and integration within larger treatment plants; industrial or food and beverage processing and wastewater treatment technologies; and water chemistry are encouraged to apply.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Being an internal and customer-facing subject matter expert for one or more ZwitterCo product families in targeted applications.
- Defining operational and analytical data needed to successfully support and complete commercial installations, pilot projects, and applications testing.
- Manage the collection, analysis, and interpretation of such data.
- Evaluate, mitigate, and communicate technical risks associated with new applications, projects, and/or partners. Responsible for process due diligence and technical project approval.
- Independently troubleshoot complex customer problems and provide recommendations for corrective actions. Depending on the situation, this may be accomplished from the office or in the field.
- Develop and own operating guidelines for specific ZwitterCo products in target industries. These guidelines allow internal and external customers to optimize performance of ZwitterCo membranes and the processes they support.
- Ability to manage design or capital improvement projects
- Write technical papers and journal articles. Develop and give oral and written presentations to customers, industry players, and ZwitterCo business leaders as needed on spectrum of membrane topics. Presents papers at conferences and industry meetings as appropriate and is recognized within the membrane industry.
- Support ZwitterCo teammates as a member of cross-functional teams.
- Ability to interpret, modify, and create engineering documentation such as BOMs, P&IDs, operational sequences, and electrical drawings using CAD and/or Microsoft software.
- Excellent communication skills including both oral presentation and technical writing/documentation.
- Ability to understand and communicate both the technical and economic drivers for potential and existing projects.
- Working knowledge of design, fabrication, and operation of crossflow filtration systems.
- Experience with costing, proposing, and installing crossflow filtration equipment projects.
- An excellent track record of safe operation in diverse environments.
- A university degree in an engineering discipline is required unless the candidate has extensive previous work experience in a comparable role. A degree in environmental, mechanical, or chemical engineering is preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience with membrane products in a technical role is required.
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
Schedule, Travel, Compensation, and Location
This position is based in Woburn, MA but exceptional full-time remote workers will be considered. Compensation will be commensurate with experience and will include equity and benefits.Apply Now Back to Careers