Senior Applications Engineer
Overview of Role
ZwitterCo is seeking a motivated, versatile senior applications engineer with experience in membrane filtration system design to ensure the successful commercial deployment of its cutting-edge membrane solutions in a number of high impact applications. The candidate will play both an internal- and external-facing role and serve as a subject matter expert on the implementation and integration of ZwitterCo’s membranes into larger industrial process and wastewater operations.
Candidates with deep experience in spiral-wound membrane system design (especially ultrafiltration and reverse osmosis) and process integration within larger treatment plants; industrial, agricultural, and food and beverage processing and wastewater treatment technologies; and water chemistry are strongly encouraged to apply.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Being an internal- and customer-facing subject matter expert for one or more ZwitterCo product families and targeted applications.
- Developing process and system design guidelines for integration and fabrication partners in target industries for spiral-wound membrane products.
- Reviewing and improving channel partner system designs for optimal operations, incorporating lessons learned from pilot and full-scale deployments.
- Spearheading process and system design improvement studies with internal and external stakeholders.
- Evaluating, mitigating, and communicating technical risks associated with new applications, projects, and/or partners. Owns process due diligence and technical project approval.
- Troubleshooting complex customer problems and providing recommendations for corrective actions. Depending on the situation, this may be accomplished from the office or in the field.
- Writing technical guidance documents and developing and giving oral and written presentations to customers, industry partners, and ZwitterCo business leaders as needed.
- A university degree in an engineering discipline is required unless the candidate has extensive previous work experience in a comparable role. A degree in chemical, environmental, or mechanical engineering is preferred.
- 8+ years of experience with membrane products in a technical role is required with 4+ years of membrane system design of spiral wound ultrafiltration membranes.
- Experience with reverse osmosis and other water treatment process designs is a plus.
Schedule, Travel, Compensation, and Location
This position is based in Woburn, MA, but exceptional full-time remote workers will be considered.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and may include equity.
This position may require moderate to extensive travel, up to 25%.Apply Now Back to Careers