Senior Applications Engineer
Overview of Role
ZwitterCo is seeking a motivated, versatile Senior Applications Engineer to ensure the successful commercial deployment of its cutting-edge membrane solutions in a number of high-impact industries and applications. The candidate will play a key role, both internally and customer-facing, and serve as a subject-matter-expert on the implementation and integration of ZwitterCo’s unique fouling-resistance membranes into larger industrial process and wastewater operations.
Candidates with deep experience in membrane filtration system design, operation, and integration within larger treatment processes; industrial or food, dairy, and beverage processing and wastewater treatment technologies; and water chemistry are encouraged to apply.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Being an internal and customer-facing subject-matter-expert for one or more ZwitterCo product families and targeted industries or applications.
- Defining operational and analytical data needed to successfully support and complete commercial installations, pilot projects, and applications testing, and manages the collection, analysis, and interpretation of such data.
- Developing and owning operating guidelines for specific ZwitterCo products in target industries.
- Evaluating, mitigating, and communicating technical risks associated with new applications, projects, and/or partners. Owns process due diligence and technical project approvals.
- Ability to independently troubleshoot complex customer problems and provide recommendations for corrective actions. Depending on the situation, this may be accomplished remotely or at a customer's site.
- Developing and presenting written and/or oral reports and presentations to customers, industry participants, and ZwitterCo business leaders as needed.
- Writing technical documents and journal articles, presenting papers at industry conferences and being recognized within the membrane industry.
- University degree in an engineering discipline is required unless the candidate has extensive previous work experience in a comparable role. A degree in environmental or chemical engineering is preferred.
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience with membrane products in a technical role is required.
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record.
- This position may require moderate to extensive travel, generally up to 25%.
Location & Compensation
This position is based in Cambridge, MA but exceptional full-time remote workers will be considered.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and will include equity and benefits.
Comprehensive benefits package including:
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
Applications engineers are required to abide by all rules in place at customer sites. When visiting ZwitterCo offices, the Company adheres to all current public health advisories, including the use of masks when indicated.Apply Now Back to Careers