ZwitterCo is seeking an experienced Research Associate seeking a high-impact role in a rapidly expanding business. The candidate will play a key role in designing experiments and new protocols to characterize ZwitterCo’s breakthrough membranes.
Candidates with experience in environmental or product testing laboratories are particularly encouraged to apply.
The Research Associate will be responsible for conducting research, designing experiments for testing, and and developing new methods to characterize membranes.
Responsibilities may include:
- Design and conduct experiments on membrane systems
- Develop new methods to characterize and challenge membranes depending on their properties
- Analyze data, draw conclusions, and propose next steps
- Use a wide range of instruments for membrane characterization
- Assist manager in developing and writing new SOPs
- Collaborate with other team members to help the department meet its goals
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Critical Success Factors
Successful candidates will:
- Be methodical with excellent attention to detail
- Have strong problem-solving skills
- Have strong organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
- Readily approach test results through a critical lens
- Be well-versed in laboratory practices
- Have a keen interest in environmental and water technologies
Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or a related science field.
- Expertise with routine lab operations
- Analytical chemistry (UV/Vis, LC/GPC, water quality tests)
- Ability to conduct statistical analysis (mean, standard deviations, confidence intervals)
- Ability to conduct necessary research independently
- Experience with membrane or filter testing
- Proficient in tools relevant to these fields, such as MS Excel
- Proficient in DOE
This is a full-time position on-site in Woburn, MA, and reports directly to the Senior Manager of Membrane Development.
Travel for this role is expected to be between 0% – 5%.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and include equity and benefits.