Quality Control Technician
Overview of Role
The candidate will be responsible for quality control testing, product testing, and autopsy analyses of spiral-wound membrane elements. Testing will involve the use of skid-scale process equipment and require excellent adherence to SOP’s. Specific responsibilities include:
- Performing quality control tests using skid-scale process equipment and laboratory instruments.
- Working closely with the quality team to ensure the data for the spiral-wound elements are accurate.
- Maintaining up-to-date schedules to communicate the status of laboratory testing and the availability of test results.
- Meticulous note taking and observation of membrane performance.
- Performing membrane autopsies to diagnose cause of failure.
- Troubleshooting equipment, including pumps, valves, pressure sensors, data acquisition computers, and programmable logic controllers.
- May include training other team members in element QC operations.
Minimum education level of associate’s degree preferred but not required. Above all, candidates should be familiar with pumps, piping systems, filtration equipment, and membrane systems. Candidates with direct experience in spiral-wound membrane manufacturing are particularly desired.
Subject matter knowledge in specific fields will make candidates more competitive. Ideally, candidates will have experience with at least one of the following: common laboratory procedures, such as water quality analysis; hands-on experience with spiral-wound membranes, familiarity with industrial I/O hardware such as PLC and HMI; or Forklift licensure.
- Hands-on experience with skid-mounted water treatment systems
- Sound understanding of fluid system with an emphasis on control of flow and pressure.
- Outstanding attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Flexibility and creativity to meet changes to schedules, priorities, or procedures.
- Ability to work on one's feet for long periods and lift loads up to 40 pounds.
Location & Compensation
This role will operate primarily from ZwitterCo’s engineering facility in Ayer, MA. Additional work may be performed at the company HQ and R&D labs in Cambridge, MA. Access to a car is strongly recommended. Candidates should be comfortable commuting to both company locations.
Compensation range: From $23.00 per hour
Comprehensive benefits package including:
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Overtime available as necessary
- Signing bonus
Our work does not generally involve interaction with the public. Within the company we follow all current public health guidance, including the use of masks when indicated.