New Product Introduction Program Manager
Overview of Role
ZwitterCo is seeking an experienced New Product Introduction Program Manager to lead the transfer of new products from R&D into volume manufacturing.
The right person for this role has a history of program management leadership of new products utilizing a phase-gate controlled process. This is a new role and provides the opportunity to build an NPI phase-gate process that accelerates the transfer of robust new products into the marketplace at speed with non-compromising quality.
Key to this role is full command and a demonstrated track record of hands-on program management leadership of corporate cross-functional NPI teams, inclusive of key external value-add partners – ideally working with chemistry-based products and processes.
ZwitterCo has advanced the state-of-the-art of membrane-based filtration performance across a range of industries and has set equally high standards for the process to introduce new membranes. This role will be a highly visible corporate role that sits at the intersection of R&D, Manufacturing, Marketing, Sales, and Finance with the responsibility to build NPI project plans that encompass all stakeholder dependencies and deliveries while providing measurable project schedules and product maturation milestones.
Candidates who thrive in a fast-paced, self-critical growth environments are particularly encouraged to apply.
The New Product Introduction Program Manager will be responsible for the design, implementation, and on-going use of the corporate phase-gate NPI process. The Program Manager will adhere to PMO best practices to facilitate the controlled release of new membrane products that meet product performance, cost, and go-to-market targets as established by the cross-functional team.
Utilizing sound program management leadership skills, it is the responsibility of the Program Manager to facilitate the creation of market entry success criteria, program risks & risk mitigation strategies, supply chain partner schedules, product cost targets, and the timely cadence of program meetings and progress reporting.
The New Product Introduction Program Manager will report directly to the VP Operations.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Help develop the documented and revision controlled NPI phase-gate process
- Working with the VP Operations, establish a corporate Program Management Office (PMO)
- Establish and lead cross-functional NPI program teams
- Ensure key program milestones are identified, tracked, and proactively managed to ensure programs meet time-to-market targets. Inclusive of milestones from Marketing, Sales, R&D, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Quality, and Finance
- Provide visible and timely program status reporting, centralized program dashboards, and on-going action item registers
- Meet with and understand supply partner process capabilities and ensure supplier process technical needs are integrated in NPI programs at the appropriate NPI phase
- Working with the VP Operations, ensure all new products meet COGS targets
- Provide NPI Program Management leadership to the Corporation
Candidates must have a minimum of a technical bachelor’s degree. A master’s degree is preferred.
- 7 - 10 years of experience in program management leadership roles
- 5+ years of experience with chemistry/materials science-based operations inclusive of roll-to-roll production operations (highly desired)
- Experience with and knowledge of industrial filtration infrastructures and technologies
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience designing and launching an NPI process within a high growth start-up
- Prior experience working with and launching products requiring detailed control of process and product variables
- Experience incorporating Industry 4.0 concepts within the NPI process is highly prized (inclusive of IIoT equipment-based sensors, digital twins, and data analytics-based dashboards)
Schedule, Travel, Compensation, and Location
This is a full-time position in Woburn, MA.
Travel for this role is expected to be between 15% – 20%, primarily to key supply partner and customer sites.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and include a benefits package and company equity.Back to Careers