Manufacturing Technical Operations Manager
Overview of Role
ZwitterCo is seeking an experienced Manager to lead our growing manufacturing technical operations group. The right person for this role has a history of working with and bringing technically advanced products into volume manufacturing. Key to this role is full command and a demonstrated track record of hands-on design, implementation, and oversight of: Process Engineering, Quality Engineering, and Documentation Control – for both in-house operations and external supply chain partners.
ZwitterCo has advanced the state of the art of membrane-based filtration performance across a range of industries and has set equally high standards for the Manufacturing organization. This role will be a key contributor to and has the freedom to build a technical operations function that enables worldwide volume shipments with uncompromising quality. Candidates who thrive in a fast-paced, self-critical, growth environment are particularly encouraged to apply.
The Manufacturing Technical Operations Manager will take responsibility for the design and implementation of Quality Engineering for both process and product performance; Process Engineering for our chemistry-based production process; and corporate Documentation Control via a PLM system. Their range of responsibilities will cover both in-house operations and external supply chain.
Working closely with the VP Operations and CTO, this person will build a team and capability that ensures a robust transfer of product technical requirements from R&D to supply chain partners while ensuring on-going volume production continuously meets product performance standards. The Technical Operations Manager will report directly to the VP Operations.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead the implementation of a comprehensive process engineering function that transfers new designs from R&D into volume production that meets all product performance and throughput targets
- Lead the design, development and implementation of a comprehensive process and product quality data collection system and dashboard-based presentation methodology
- On-going management of the company PLM system and documentation control process
- Work with the VP Operations to ensure all production products meet COGS targets
- Work extensively with external supply chain partners to ensure supplier manufacturing processes have the means and capability to produce volume product on time, at cost, and meet all performance parameters
- Ensure all in-house production equipment is safe to operate and production operators are properly trained
- Oversee the creation of work instructions, test procedures, and quality data collection means
- Acts as senior leaderships of the Operations team
Candidates must have a minimum of a technical bachelor’s degree. A master’s degree is preferred. Additional qualifications:
- 10+ years of experience in technical operations leadership roles
- 5+ years of experience with chemistry/materials science-based operations, inclusive of roll-to-roll production operations
- Extensive experience designing and launching QMS systems for in-house and external supply chain-based operations
- Prior experience leading or participating in the selection, design, implementation, and on-going management of PLM systems
- Experience with and knowledge of industrial filtration infrastructures and technologies
- Prior start-up experience is desired, or a demonstrated track record working in high growth, fast-paced environments
- Experience implementing Industry 4.0 concepts is highly prized (inclusive of IIoT equipment-based sensors, digital twins, and data analytic-based dashboards)
Schedule, Travel, Compensation, and Location
This is a full-time position in Woburn, MA.
Travel for this role is expected to be between 10% – 20%, primarily to key supply partner sites.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and include a benefits package and company equity.Apply Now Back to Careers