ZwitterCo is seeking an experienced Manufacturing Process Engineering to take the lead with the bring-up and long-term operational efficiency of our growing suite of semi-automated process equipment.
The right person for this role has a history of optimizing technically advanced electro-mechanical production systems while creating a holistic smart factory.
ZwitterCo has advanced the state of the art of membrane-based filtration performance across a range of industries and has set equally high standards for the Manufacturing organization. This role will be a key contributor and has the freedom to build an efficient and adaptive production operation that enables worldwide volume shipments with uncompromising quality.
Candidates who thrive in a fast paced, self-critical, growth environments are particularly encouraged to apply.
We are looking for a manufacturing process engineer who can bring on and optimize production equipment used in the fabrication of coated substrates and the conversion of coated substrates into finished industrial filters.
Core to this role is becoming the technical subject matter expert in optimizing production equipment efficiency, utilization, and correlation to finished product quality. This includes equipment up-time, job change-over efficiency, equipment state awareness, equipment predictive maintenance, and building real-time management dashboards.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Optimize the membrane fabrication process (coating to finished elements) to improve production up-time, process efficiency, productivity, and process cost-effectiveness
- Provide technical support and guidance to other engineers, technicians, and customers as needed
- Design and conduct experiments to evaluate and optimize process parameters and performance
- Provide feedback on production run performance to area supervisor and contribute to post-run quality assurance debriefs
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure the alignment of membrane products with the new product introduction programs
- Work closely with the product development team to support the quick turn of prototype runs
- Work closely with Quality Management to analyze process and product data using statistical tools and software to identify trends, root causes, and opportunities for improvement
- Implement process changes and monitor their impact on quality, productivity, and cost
- Troubleshoot and resolve process issues and deviations
- Document and communicate process information and best practices via SOP’s
- Support the installation, commissioning, and validation of new equipment and processes
- Train and coach operators and technicians on process operation and maintenance
- Work closely with equipment providers as the prime point of contact on all topics related to troubleshooting, upgrades, and new equipment selections as needed
Candidates must have a minimum of a technical bachelor’s degree. A master’s degree is preferred.
- Prior experience leading or participating in the selection, design, and implementation of PLC driven electro-mechanical process equipment
- 5+ years of experience with chemistry/materials science-based operations inclusive of roll-to-roll production operations and industrial filter fabrication processes
- Desire to take on and lead the scale-up of ZwitterCo’s all-inclusive production and prototyping process
- Working knowledge of equipment control logic designs and use of SCADA applications
- Prior start-up experience is desired or a demonstrated track record working in high growth, fast-paced environments
- Experience implementing Industry 4.0 concepts is highly prized (inclusive of IIoT equipment-based sensors, digital twins, and data analytic based dashboards)
This is a full-time position in Woburn, MA, and reports to the Vice President of Operations – but may report to the Manufacturing Technical Operations Manager.
Travel for this role is expected to be between 10% – 20%.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and includes equity and benefits.