Overview of Role
We are looking for an experienced IT Specialist who believes in our mission, has a natural curiosity for computer systems and leading security and user-experience practices, and approaches teamwork with an enthusiastic and problem-solving mindset. ZwitterCo is a pioneering, fast-growing clean-tech company, and this position will be critical for supporting seamless day-to-day operations and ensuring that both remote and in-person team members can work together effectively. This position will report to our CEO and will be a key member of the People Operations team.
Things you’ll do in your first year:
- Manage the set-up and configuration, monitoring, and maintenance of company computers, collaboration tools, networks and servers, and other systems and hardware
- Ensure that company systems are updated with the latest software and maintain compatibility with existing applications and user experience. This includes general workplace software, specialty engineering design and modeling programs, and process equipment monitoring systems
- Provide troubleshooting support to both in-person and remote (including in-field) team members; work with team members to analyze their IT requirements and implement proactive strategies to ensure user success
- Monitor network security, evaluate existing security programs, update antivirus software, and champion leading security practices and working habits
- Assist with user account administration, file rights management and backup/recovery policies and procedures
- Develop plans, schedules, and requirements for the deployment and lifecycle of systems and hardware
- Provide key insight and perspective to the evaluation, selection, and implementation of the company’s next generation of ERP tools
Here’s what you bring:
These attributes represent our current thinking for the role. You can be a great candidate even if you don’t fit everything we’ve described below. You can also have important skills we haven’t thought of. If that’s you – even if you’re on the fence – we encourage you to apply and tell us about yourself!
- Prior experience in an IT Specialist or related role
- Confidence and familiarity with systems security, systems maintenance, user experience, and other IT best practices
- Computer skills and knowledge of operating systems and capabilities, with the experience to analyze user needs, recommend solutions, and provide training
- Strong project management skills with the ability to execute a project from start to finish while maintaining attention to detail
- A service and support mindset with the ability to break down and communicate technical topics clearly
- A solution-oriented approach to problem-solving
- Experience in dealing with ambiguity and performing in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and evolving processes and systems
Schedule, Travel, Compensation and Location
This is a full-time position in Woburn, MA. The position will require regular in-office presence, though intermittent remote work can be reasonably accommodated. Travel outside of the main company HQ would be minimal.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and include a benefits package and company equity.Apply Now Back to Careers