Field Service Specialist II
Overview of Role
ZwitterCo is seeking a motivated, versatile field engineer to operate its cutting-edge membrane solutions. The candidate will have a critical role in field operations and ensuring project and customer success. Candidates with experience in relevant disciplines who can demonstrate a track record of rapidly mastering new domains and who have outstanding interpersonal skills are particularly encouraged to apply.
The candidate’s primary responsibility will be the successful deployment of pilot equipment and execution of application testing of our membrane technology at customer sites. These projects involve:
- Commissioning and operation of skid-mounted process equipment
- Calibrating instrumentation, maintaining, and troubleshooting equipment issues
- Taking water samples, running analytical tests, and analyzing the results
- Reviewing and analyzing performance trends in real-time
- Establishing and maintaining excellent working relationships with customer staff and projecting a competent, professional demeanor
- Training customer personnel to safely operate and maintain ZwitterCo membranes and pilot equipment
- Documenting pilot activities, analytical results, operational settings, and system performance for incorporation into reports and presentations
- Supporting bench-scale applications testing prior to field pilot deployments
Candidates must have 1-3+ years of hands-on experience with water treatment equipment to be considered. Candidates with a variety of educational backgrounds are encouraged to apply; however all candidates should be able to confidently operate and troubleshoot water process equipment (such as pumps, control valves, flowmeters, etc.). Experience with membrane technology is highly desirable, but not required.
- Maintain a professional, friendly demeanor and demonstrate unflappable composure, especially when troubleshooting and performing client-facing activities
- Experience operating both PLC-based and manual process equipment
- Experience calibrating common instrumentation including flowmeters and pH probes
- Sampling of process streams according to EPA and other methodologies
- Perform routine in-field water quality analyses using field-ready chemistry kits (Hach or equivalent)
- Troubleshoot control and programming issues, including tuning of PID control loops to eliminate instabilities and improve response times
- Ability to make in-field modifications to process equipment, such as modifying pipe runs or installing new equipment (welding experience not required)
- Assist with the preparation of compelling reports and presentations for clients from field data and operating results by demonstrating strong communication and presentation skills
- Work with people of all backgrounds, education, and technical competency
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and clean driving record and be willing to travel by car and air to customer sites
- Able to work long hours (12h/day) during 2-week deployments when supporting field operations
- Monitor pilot operations remotely and provide on-call assistance to customers
- This position includes travel 40-70% of the time, depending on project pipeline and schedule. ZwitterCo targets a 50% travel rate for field engineers; however there may be periods of heavier workload.
Location & Compensation
The position is based at ZwitterCo’s HQ in Cambridge, MA.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and will include equity and benefits.
Compensation range: From $65,000 per year
Comprehensive benefits package including:
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Bonus pay
- Signing bonus
Field engineers are required to abide by all rules in place at customer sites. When visiting ZwitterCo offices, the Company adheres to all current public health advisories, including the use of masks when indicated.
Ability to commute / relocate:
- Cambridge, MA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (required).
- English (required)
Apply Now Back to Careers