Field Engineer III
Overview of Role
ZwitterCo is seeking a motivated, versatile Field Engineer to operate its cutting-edge membrane solutions. The candidate will have a critical role in managing field operations and ensuring project and customer success. Candidates with experience in relevant scientific or engineering disciplines who can demonstrate a track record of rapidly mastering new domains and who have outstanding interpersonal skills are particularly encouraged to apply.
The candidate’s primary responsibility will be the successful deployment and execution of pilot- and commercial-scale installations of our membrane technology at customer sites. These projects require the commissioning and operation of skid-mounted process equipment; successful candidates will be able to calibrate instrumentation, perform maintenance, troubleshoot malfunctions, take water samples, and analyze performance trends safely and efficiently in real-time.
The candidate will be expected to establish and maintain excellent working relationships with staff at the customer sites and project a competent, professional demeanor during all interactions with customers. Customer engagement will also involve safety training, handoff of process equipment to customer personnel, and remote support. The candidate will have secondary responsibilities in the ZwitterCo lab, such as bench-scale applications testing prior to pilot deployments.
- 5-7+ years of hands-on experience with water treatment equipment
- General proficiency in both PLC-based and manual process equipment
- Sampling of process streams according to EPA and other methodologies
- Perform routine in-field water quality analysis using field-ready chemistry kits (i.e., Hach or equivalent)
- Troubleshoot control and programming issues, including tuning PID control loops to eliminate instabilities and improve response time
- Make in-field modifications to process equipment, such as modifying pipe runs or installing new equipment (welding experience not required)
- Assist with the preparation of compelling reports and presentations for clients from field data and operating results, demonstrating strong communication and presentation skills
- Work with people of all backgrounds, education, and technical competency
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and clean driving record and be willing to travel by car or air to customer sites
- Work long hours (12h/day) during 2–3-week deployments when supporting field operations
- Monitor pilot operations remotely and provide on-call assistance to customers
- Proficiency with computers including Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and data entry
Preferred Additional Qualifications
- Training / Experience in Automation highly desired
- Experience working safely with simple chemicals and/or solvents
Schedule, Travel, Compensation, and Location
This position will include 50-75% travel, depending on project pipeline and schedule.
Depending on the candidate’s experience level and need for training, this position may be based remotely within the US. Remote candidates should expect to make regular visits to ZwitterCo headquarters throughout the year.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and will include equity and benefits.Apply Now Back to Careers