Field Engineer I
Overview of Role
ZwitterCo is seeking a motivated, versatile Field Engineer I to operate its cutting-edge membrane solutions. The candidate will have a critical role in managing field operations and ensuring project and customer success. Candidates with experience in relevant scientific or engineering disciplines who can demonstrate a track record of rapidly mastering new domains and who have outstanding interpersonal skills are particularly encouraged to apply.
The candidate’s primary responsibility will be the successful deployment and execution of pilot- and commercial-scale installations of our membrane technology at customer sites. These projects require the commissioning and operation of skid-mounted process equipment. Successful candidates will be able to calibrate instrumentation safely and efficiently, perform maintenance, troubleshoot malfunctions, take water samples, and analyze performance trends in real-time.
The candidate will be expected to establish and maintain excellent working relationships with staff at the customer sites and project a competent, professional demeanor during all interactions at customer sites. Customer engagement will also involve safety training, handoff of process equipment to customer personnel, and remote support. The candidate will also have secondary responsibilities in the ZwitterCo lab, such as bench-scale applications testing prior to pilot deployments.
- Operate both PLC-based and manual process equipment
- Calibrate common instrumentation, including flowmeters and pH probes
- Sample process streams according to EPA and other methodologies
- Perform routine in-field water quality analysis using field-ready chemistry kits (i.e. Hach or equivalent)
- Troubleshoot control and programming issues, including tuning of PID control loops to eliminate instabilities and improve response times
- Make in-field modifications to process equipment, such as modifying pipe runs or installing new equipment (welding experience not required)
- Assist with the preparation of compelling reports and presentations for clients from field data and operating results, demonstrating strong communication and presentation skills
- Maintain professional and unflappable composure, especially when troubleshooting and performing client-facing activities
- Work with people of all backgrounds, education, and technical competency
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and clean driving record and be willing to travel by car or air to customer sites
- Work long hours (12h/day) during two-week deployments when supporting field operations
- Monitor pilot operations remotely and provide on-call assistance to customers
Candidates must have 1-3+ years of hands-on experience with water treatment equipment to be considered. Candidates with a variety of educational backgrounds are encouraged to apply, but all candidates should be able to operate and troubleshoot water process equipment confidently (such as pumps, control valves, flowmeters, etc.).
Experience with membrane technology is highly desired, but not required.
Schedule, Travel, Compensation, and Location
This position is based in West Monroe, LA.
This position will include travel of 50-75%, depending on project pipeline and schedule.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and will include equity and benefits.Apply Now Back to Careers