Overview of Role
ZwitterCo is seeking an experienced EHS Manager to evolve its EHS practices in support of ZwitterCo’s rapidly expanding business. Candidates with strong leadership qualities and a track record of fostering safety cultures in fast-paced R&D, Manufacturing, and Field Service environments are particularly encouraged to apply.
The EHS Manager will take responsibility for the execution of an uncompromising safety and environmental protection program across the company’s operating units. Working closely with the leadership team, the EHS Manager will foster a ‘shared responsibility’ safety culture where all ZwitterCrew team members see themselves as an integral part of a safe work environment. The EHS Manager will report directly to the CEO/co-founder.
- Manage the day-to-day execution of ZwitterCo’s EHS Program, including new chemical approvals, amendments to job hazard analyses and/or SOP’s, and responses to team-identified potential safety hazards and near misses
- Serve as chair of EHS Committee and facilitate the formulation of EHS policy with the leadership team
- Develop and maintain training materials and schedules of training requirements for different job roles
- Manage hazardous waste streams and provide oversight for timely management of hazardous waste inclusive of meeting local, state, and federal regulations
- Recruit and train additional EHS staff when necessary
- Provide EHS training to new employees, maintain EHS training records
- Support Field Service EHS training needs and on-going operational needs
Candidates should have a Bachelor of Science degree coupled with complementary professional training and work experience. Additional qualifications:
- 10+ years of experience in EHS roles with progressive responsibility
- 5+ years of experience with chemistry/materials science labs and/or operations
- Ongoing professional development concerning EHS topics, such as chemical hygiene, HAZWOPER, OSHA regulation, etc.
- Familiarity with environmental permitting for laboratory and manufacturing facilities (wastewater, VOC, etc) - experience with Massachusetts regulatory bodies is a plus
- Experience with manufacturing operations and field service organizations is a significant plus
- Startup experience is valuable, but most important is the ability to manage a strong, low friction EHS program in a fast-paced environment with both R&D and manufacturing operations
Schedule, Travel, Compensation, and Location
This is a full-time position in Woburn, MA.
Travel for this role is expected to be 10% or lower, primarily to support field operations through site inspections and wellness visits.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and include a benefits package and company equity.
Water and wastewater management challenges are more than just headline problems. Issues like global water scarcity, heightened industrial water consumption, and ecosystem stress from improperly discharged effluents are applying economic pressure on all stakeholders in the lifecycle of water. As a result, water is now being prioritized as an issue of public health, environmental welfare, and national security. While the limited infrastructure currently in place to manage this critical resource remains a major risk for the future, public and private resolve to protect our planet are reaching levels not seen in recent memory. The scale of the challenge demands creativity and participation from everyone. At ZwitterCo, we play our part by innovating and implementing groundbreaking solutions.
ZwitterCo has developed a breakthrough in materials science – a new class of zwitterionic membrane chemistries – one which is uniquely positioned to treat highly-impaired wastewater. We deliver the treatment performance necessary to have measurable environmental impact and the economic value to be implemented swiftly. ZwitterCo’s mission is to make it practical for industries to reuse water, instead of wasting it, and we have the industry commitments and resources to deliver on that promise. The company has scaled up to commercializing its product and will continue investing in the technology platform to unlock broader water and wastewater applications.Apply Now Back to Careers