Overview of Role
ZwitterCo is seeking an experienced EHS Manager for a collaborative role in a rapidly expanding cleantech startup. Candidates with strong leadership qualities and a track record of fostering excellent safety cultures in fast-paced R&D and growth environments are particularly encouraged to apply.
The EHS Manager will take responsibility for the execution of a top-tier safety and environmental protection program across the company’s operating units. Working closely with the co-founders and leadership team, the EHS Manager will foster a ‘shared responsibility’ safety culture where all team members see themselves as an integral part of a safe work environment. The EHS Manager will report directly to the CTO/co-founder.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage day-to-day execution of ZwitterCo’s EHS Program, including new chemical approvals, amendments to job hazard analyses and/or SOP’s, and responses to team-identified potential safety hazards and near misses
- Serve as chair of EHS Committee and facilitate the formulation of EHS policy with the leadership team
- Develop and maintain training materials and schedules of training requirements for different job roles
- Manage hazardous waste streams and provide oversight for timely management of hazardous waste
- Recruit and train additional EHS staff if and when necessary, based on workload
Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree. Professional training and work experience will be more significant for this role than education. Additional qualifications:
- 10+ years of experience in EHS roles with progressive responsibility
- 5+ years of experience with chemistry/materials science labs and/or operations
- Ongoing professional development concerning EHS topics, such as chemical hygiene, HAZWOPER, OSHA regulation, etc.
- Familiarity with environmental permitting for laboratory and manufacturing facilities (wastewater, VOC, etc) - experience with Massachusetts is a plus
- Experience with manufacturing operations a significant plus
- Startup experience is valuable, but most important is the ability to manage a strong, but low friction, EHS program in a fast-paced environment with both R&D and manufacturing operations
Schedule, Travel, Compensation, and Location
This is a full-time position. ZwitterCo’s lab is located in Woburn, MA.
Travel for this role is expected to be 10% or lower, primarily to support field operations through site inspections and wellness visits. Our current operations also have activity at a site Ayer, MA, through the end of 2022.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and include a benefits package and company equity.Apply Now Back to Careers