Director, Manufacturing Operations
Overview of Role
ZwitterCo is seeking a dynamic leader to serve as the Director of Manufacturing Operations at a rapidly expanding water technology startup. With rapidly growing sales and multiple new products in development, the company is seeking an experience operations leader to grow and shape the company as it scales its membrane business to make a global impact. Candidates should have a 15+ year career in manufacturing and operations with compelling experience building teams and navigating double- or triple-digit growth rates. Experience with both in-sourced and out-sourced production models is strongly preferred.
As the head of our manufacturing operations, you will report directly to the co-founder and CTO and be responsible for all activities involved to our rapidly expanding manufacturing operation. You will oversee the teams responsible for supply chain management, production planning, quality assurance, shop floor operations, and continuous improvement. Today, these functions are carried out by just a handful of our 30 team members – you will be responsible for attracting, hiring, and retaining a highly competent team to keep pace with our rapidly expanding commercial growth.
- Hire, lead, and mentor manufacturing operations staff, including supply chain, quality assurance, and production
- Develop successful relationships with key vendors and partners
- Manage production through successive years of very high growth
- Design and execute effective programs to control expenses and achieve aggressive COGS targets while maintaining high product quality
- Ensure a spotless safety record in factory operations
- Oversee the development of quality assurance programs for both key suppliers and in-house production
- Work closely with leadership team to plan & execute multi-year, multi-product, multi-country S&OP
Candidates should have a BS in engineering in a related specialty (industrial, manufacturing, mechanical, or chemical). An MBA is desirable but not required.
- 15+ years of manufacturing/operations experience in progressively more impactful roles
- 7+ years in a leadership role including hiring/termination decisions
- 10+ years’ experience with complex supply chains including both in-house and contracted manufacturing processes
- Startup experience is a plus, but compelling experience managing high growth is more important (for example, startup-like growth of a new product/division at a larger company)
- Excellent communication skills including oral presentation and technical writing/documentation
- Ability to act collaboratively across functions to bring new products to scale and expand into international markets
- Knowledge and drive to establish best practices and obtain certification from relevant organizations (such as ISO)
- A team player eager to grow a new enterprise and make a global impact
Schedule, Travel, Compensation, and Location
This is a full-time position in Woburn, MA, just north of Boston. Travel requirements will vary and be influenced by the individual’s approach and management style.
Compensation will be highly competitive, commensurate with experience, and include benefits, generous equity, and relocation if necessary.Back to Careers