ZwitterCo is announcing an immediate opening for a Design Engineer I for a collaborative role as we grow and scale. The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience prototyping using the fundamentals of mechanical and electrical design.
As part of the Design Engineering Team, you will work closely with process engineers, automation engineers, and senior mechanical engineers to design and support internal projects and select water recovery systems. You will be responsible for preparing engineering drawings based on ideas and criteria from stakeholders. Well-rounded engineers with industry experience and strong work ethic are particularly desired.
Responsibilities may include:
- Design and draft 3D components (SolidWorks preferred) for both internal and external stakeholders
- Actively participate in idea creation for solutions, learning the specific requirements imposed by chemical, process, and manufacturing considerations
- Assist with hardware integration, procurement of instrumentation and components, and troubleshooting of control systems
- Prototype laboratory scale water systems and actively support continuous improvement projects across departments
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Candidates must hold, at minimum, a bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline. Water/wastewater industry experience is a plus. Experience in the following areas is desired, in the approximate order of priority:
- Proficiency with 3D modeling using Solidworks or AutoCAD suite
- Working knowledge of piping and fluid systems, including 3D design of full-scale process equipment
- Experience designing pneumatic parts or parts subject to high fluid pressures
- Working knowledge of PLC-based control systems
- Ability to function autonomously on select projects
- Communicate ideas clearly and concisely
This is a full-time position in Woburn, MA. A hybrid work-from-home/on-site model is permitted. CAD and design work can be done remotely, but on-site presence for part of the week will be needed to fully participate in hands-on prototyping, hardware integration, design meetings, etc.
This position will report directly to the Design Engineering Manager.
Travel for this role is expected to be 0% – 5%, primarily to support ZwitterCo’s growing facilities and potential onsite inspections of fabricated components and assemblies. Occasional travel to installation sites, trade shows, or industry conferences is also possible.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and include a benefits package and company equity.