Applications/Technical Service Engineer
Overview of Role
ZwitterCo is seeking a motivated, versatile applications/technical service engineer with experience in crossflow filtration system design to ensure the successful commercial deployment of its cutting-edge membrane solutions in a number of high impact applications. The candidate will play both an internal and external-facing role and serve as a subject matter expert on the implementation and integration of ZwitterCo’s membranes into larger industrial process and wastewater operations.
Candidates with deep experience in crossflow or tangential flow filtration system design and process integration within larger treatment plants; industrial, agricultural, and food and beverage processing, and wastewater treatment technologies; and water chemistry are strongly encouraged to apply.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Be an internal and customer-facing subject matter expert for one or more ZwitterCo product families and targeted applications/markets.
- Partner with the sales team in the customer discovery process and identify commercial opportunities.
- Develop process and system design guidelines for integration and fabrication partners in target applications/markets for spiral-wound membrane products.
- Partner with the sales team to develop customer proposals, which include providing a design and cost basis for membrane systems.
- Review and improve channel partner system designs for optimal operations, incorporating lessons learned from pilot and full-scale deployments.
- Lead process and system design improvement studies with internal and external stakeholders.
- Evaluate, mitigate, and communicate technical risks associated with new applications, projects, and/or partners. Own process due diligence and technical project approval.
- Troubleshoot complex customer problems and provide recommendations for corrective actions. Depending on the situation, this may be accomplished remotely or in the field.
- Provide after-sales technical support and troubleshooting for commercial installations.
- Write technical guidance documents and give oral/written presentations to customers, industry partners, and ZwitterCo business leaders as needed.
- A university degree in an engineering discipline is required unless the candidate has extensive previous work experience in a comparable role. A degree in chemical, environmental, or mechanical engineering is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience with crossflow or tangential flow filtration is required.
- Experience costing, designing, and installing water treatment equipment.
- Broad knowledge of water and wastewater treatment technologies, processes, and markets.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
Schedule, Travel, Compensation, and Location
This is a remote position.
This position may require moderate travel, up to 33%.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and may include equity.Apply Now Back to Careers